Who to contact
If you experience flooding it is important to report it.  If there is an immediate risk to life dial 999.
Who you need to contact depends on where the flooding is coming from:

  • Rivers and the Sea – Environment Agency - 0800 80 70 60
  • Sewers and water mains – Anglian Water - 03457 145 145
  • Surface water/flash flooding and flooding on the highway should be reported online to Suffolk County Council

Images of the flood height with a date and time are particularly useful, as are descriptions/videos of where the water has flowed from.

Preparing for flooding
The National Flood Forum has advice about how to prepare for flooding, provides independent assistance for those who suffer the consequences and support to protect homes at risk.

Check your long term flood risk
To check the flood risk for your home, search the Environment Agency flood risk maps.

General advice
Read further advice and information to find out more about flood management in Suffolk.
If you experience difficulties obtaining home insurance, a new scheme has been set up called Flood Re